Sunday 12 February 2012

moving image + things left behind



Walking along Venice beach in Los Angeles on boxing day, I came across a balloon washing in and out with the motion of the waves. The repetitive action was mesmerising and the complementary colours made it a perfect  opportunity, one of those moments. I prefer the sound cut so the visual is more powerful. I couldn't help but wonder - whose party it had come from . . . . . . 






I was drawn to this rust coloured leaf, suspended by a spiders web. It twirled endlessly and the repetitive, energetic movement was so captivating for me. We often walk on by these opportunities - I think it is good to notice your thoughts when you see objects like this. Especially if they are accidental like this, its a gift.







No comments:

Post a Comment